Letters In English For Class 7 to 10


1. Your father is away from home on business. Write a letter to your father, telling him about the situation of the home in his absence.



5 Rose Garden
Mumbai
April 3, 2007
My dear Father,

I am sorry to tell you that the mother has been ill for the past three days. She has been suffering from fever, her body temperature is high, and requires to be carefully taken care. Bimla is nursing her; and the doctor says that thanks to her careful and patient nursing, the mother will be better in a few days. She spent two restless nights, and we were afraid that she would develop pneumonia. But now she is out of danger. You didn't need to be panic on your business meeting trip, we are taking care of her in any way. We are taking care of her. You can return after your business meeting trip will finish.

You will be glad to learn that Krishnan has come through the examination with flying colors. Kanta is attending her lessons as usual. I am also giving my best for the coming examination.

Yesterday, my aunt unexpectedly arrived in Delhi. She never knew that her mother was so ill. She is now with us and is a great help to the mother and the rest of us.

Your affectionate son,
Roshan

2. A letter to a friend, asking for a loan of money.



20, Palace Road
Baroda
April 15, 2007

My dear Krishnamurthy,

I feel a great deal of hesitation in writing this letter to you but since I am in dire difficulty, I cannot but turn to you for help. You know my wife has been seriously ill for the past two months and I have had to make a great expenditure, in connection with her treatment, nursing, diet, etc. Since I have to pay certain bills, I would request you to accommodate me with a loan of ten thousand rupees. I shall be able to return the amount in about a month's time when I expect some money from the sale of my paintings. I hope you will not grudge me the help I need at this juncture. But if it proves to be, in any way, a source of too much inconvenience to you, you may please not take the trouble.
I hope you are doing quite well. An early reply will oblige me.

Yours sincerely,
Kumar


3. Reply to the above, agreeing to lend money.



12th Mission Road
Pune
April 20, 2007

My dear Kumar,

I am very sorry to learn about the illness of your wife. I hope she is all right now. I quite understand your financial difficulties and consider myself fortunate to be able to help you. So I am passing a cheque for Rs. 10,000 to relieve you of your worries. As to repayment, I shall not expect it till you have got over your troubles and have some money to spare. I fail to understand why you did not write to me earlier, and so spare yourself the worry which you might have experienced lately. Rest assured that I thoroughly sympathize with you. And ever believe me to be,

Your sincere well-wisher,
Krishnamurthy


4. Reply to the above, refusing to lend money.



12th Mission Road
Pune
April 26, 2007

My dear Kumar,

I am exceedingly sorry to have disappointed you. I understand your financial difficulties, but your request comes to me at a time when I am not in a position to render any monetary help to you. I am at present so hard pressed by the recent losses I have suffered that I cannot with any convenience comply with your request. On any future occasion when I may have money to spare, I shall be glad to help you.
Hoping you will soon be able to get over your difficulties,

I remain
Yours Sincerely,
Krish



5. Write a letter to your friend asking for an apology to whom you have spoken bad words in a short of temper.


78 Nehru Street
Nagpur
October 18, 2007
My dear Rao,

I cannot rest until I have asked your forgiveness for having had a tiff with you over a mere trifle. I am really sorry to have indulged in such a short of an unfriendly temper. Now, in my cool moments, I realize my folly and write to ask your pardon. What your thoughts about me are today, I dare not imagine.
Now that you have been away from me only a week, I feel what it is to lose a friend, so dear forgive and forget the unfortunate incident that made us apart from each other so abruptly. Moreover, it is my honest conviction that this little break in our friendship will serve to cement our relations all the more strongly and understand each other better.

That you send me a reply at once and continue to love as before, is my sincere wish.

Yours very sorrowfully,
Saran